British prosecutors are expanding charges against Hollywood star Kevin Spacey for sexual assault. Charges have been admitted in seven other cases, Rosemary Ainslie of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in London said on Wednesday. All the complaints were made by a man, the alleged time of the crime is between 2001 and 2004.

Ainslie said London police had previously reviewed evidence they had collected as part of their investigation. In one case, he was charged with forcing a person into “penetrative sexual activity.” As of late May, Spacey had already been accused in the UK of sexually assaulting three men between 2005 and 2013. The two-time Oscar winner (“American Beauty”) rejected the allegations in court in July.

In another court case, the 63-year-old recently achieved success: in October in New York, an American jury unanimously acquitted him of the charge of sexual assault with bodily harm on actor Anthony Rapp. Rapp’s allegations, first made public in 2017 during the MeToo debate, spawned many other accusations and rocked Spacey’s then-successful career. The jury’s decision in New York offers insight into how the charges against Spacey will continue overall, his defense attorney Jennifer Keller said at the time.

From: APA/dpa